A breakfast at Hot Springs, VA’s Vine Cottage Inn is always a treat. Starting with a cup of fresh-brewed 100% Columbian coffee by 6am, breakfast service begins at 8am. Tammy will serve you juice, fruit and a sweet item as soon as you are seated while Dave is preparing your main entree. Breakfast may consist of Praline French Toast, Pancakes, Waffles or any number of other delicious offerings. A portion of breakfast meat and eggs will be provided daily. You will have different breakfast foods each day, even if your stay lasts up to a week or more.
If you need a cup of coffee earlier than 6am, or would like an afternoon or late-night cup, the Inn is equipped with a Keurig and a variety of K-Cup flavors, along with a selection of hot tea. For those that prefer to find their caffeine in other ways, a guest fridge is stocked in the coffee room with complimentary sodas and bottled water and is available 24/7.
If you have special dietary needs, please let us know when you make your reservation so that we can make every effort to accommodate those needs.
Want to enjoy Vine Cottage Inn’s breakfasts at home? Here are just a couple of our favorite recipes.
French Toast with Praline Sauce (New Orleans Style)
If you have extra sauce, it is great over ice cream!
- 1 1lb. loaf of day-old French Bread
- 4 Eggs
- 3 tbsp. Vanilla Extract
- 3 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 3 cups milk
- ½ Cup Butter
- 1 ½ Cups Brown Sugar
- ¾ Cup Virginia Maple Syrup
- ¾ Cup Whipping Cream
- ¾ Cup Chopped Pecans
- Mix eggs, vanilla and cinnamon in bowl and let stand for a few minutes.
- Add milk and mix.
- Cut bread on an angle in 1-inch wide slices. (10 to 12 slices)
- Dip bread slices into the milk egg mixture (do not saturate) and place on hot grill.
- Cook until brown and crisp and turn over and do the same. Turn only once.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over low heat.
- Add brown sugar and maple syrup.
- When sugar has dissolved, add whipping cream.
- Stir in chopped pecans. (Do not boil)
Dave’s Homestyle Potatoes
Yield: makes 6-8 servings
- 6-8 Redskin Potatoes
- ½ medium Yellow Onion
- Olive Oil
- Simply Organic All-purpose Seasoning
- Cut potatoes into uniform ¼ inch cubes.
- Heat liberal amount of Olive Oil in a Sautee pan.
- Add potatoes to hot oil
- Sprinkle a generous amount of All-purpose Seasoning onto potatoes.
- Let sit in pan for 1 minute, then toss (or stir for those who can’t toss!)
- Meanwhile, mince onion – wipe away tears with kleenex.
- Cook, toss/stir potatoes until they become golden brown.
- Add a little more oil, and the onions. Toss/Stir.
- Turn off heat.