Vine Cottage Inn welcomes you and your family to our charming home nestled among the Virginia mountains. It is our goal to provide our guests with an outstanding experience. Please read the following policies carefully, and do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about accommodations at the inn.
Room Availability and Reservations
- Reservations can be made through our website, by calling our reservation number (540) 839-2422 between the hours of 9am and 9pm, or via email. Our availability and current rates can be found through our online reservation system.
- While some weekends and special events require a two-night minimum stay, our availability and stay requirements can be found on the Inn’s calendar on our website.
- Our room rates are based on single or double occupancy. Rates are subject to change without notice. A fee of $20 per person per night will be charged for any additional guests over the age of 13. Well-mannered children are always welcome at the Vine.
- The Vine Cottage Inn offers a 10% discount to all active and veteran military personnel.
- Rates are subject to applicable state and local lodging taxes of 9.3%.
- Group blocks of 4 or more rooms may be available. Please contact the Inn directly to check availability, rates, and group room block policies.
- Room rates include a full three course breakfast served in the dining room between 8 am and 9 am.
- With prior notification, we are happy to accommodate any food allergies or dietary restrictions. Please let us know 48 hours prior to arrival, so we can assure you of having the freshest ingredients available.
- A deposit of one-night room and tax is required when you reserve your room. All major credit cards are accepted. The credit card transaction will be processed the day the reservation is made.
- Upon arrival, your balance can be paid using an accepted credit card, traveler’s check or money order. We do not accept personal checks.
- In the interest of good hospitality and guest relations, we understand that cancellations are sometimes unavoidable. Due to the size of our Inn, cancellations affect us significantly. Therefore, we have a strict adherence to our cancellation policy.
- We require cancellations to be made 8 days or more prior to date of arrival. All cancellations are subject to a $35 cancellation fee.
- There are some special events that require a 30-day cancellation or more prior to date of arrival.
- If a cancellation or change to a reservation is received 7 days or less prior to the arrival date, the full amount of original reservation will be charged to the credit card on file and is non-refundable. Cancellations made prior to 7 days will receive a return of deposit, less the $35 processing fee.
- Failure to cancel a reservation will result in the full amount of the original reservation billed to the credit card on file and is non-refundable.
While at Vine Cottage Inn
- Check-in is between 3pm and 9pm. Early and late arrivals may wish to make advance arrangements. We will make every effort to accommodate your requested time of arrival.
- Check-out is by 11am as our staff needs time to prepare the room for newly arriving guests. Parking after check-out is available on a limited basis, please make arrangements if you need to leave your car for a short time after check-out.
- For the comfort and health of all, we maintain a smoke free environment. Smoking is prohibited in the Inn and on the porch. To accommodate all of our guests, a designated smoking area has been established on the property. If a guest has been smoking in the Inn, a $300 fee will be incurred to cover the costs of clean up, smoke residue removal and the cost of putting the room out of service until it can be properly cleaned.
- We cannot allow pets due to potential allergy problems. We are happy to assist you in locating local boarding services.
- Gift Certificates purchased from Vine Cottage Inn must be used within two years of the purchase dates and are neither redeemable for the cash value nor transferable.
At Vine Cottage Inn, your privacy is very important to us and we are dedicated to protecting your personally identifiable information. To better provide that protection, this policy explains how we collect your data and what choices you have in how that information is processed and used.
Type of information collected and how it is used
Our principal objective in obtaining your personally identifiable information is to streamline reservation process or to fulfill a request for Vine Cottage Inn. Only necessary personal information is collected during the reservation process. This information may include your name, address, email, phone and credit card number. This information will not be disclosed unless we are specifically asked to do so. Vine Cottage Inn will never give or sell the information that is gathered. Finally, we will never use the personally identifiable information provided to us in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you an opportunity to opt-out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses.
Occasionally, we will use data collection devices such as “cookies” on certain pages of the Site to measure effectiveness and safety. A “cookie” is a small file that gets placed on your hard drive that helps us provide our services. You are free to decline cookies if you so choose.
We take security very seriously at Vine Cottage Inn. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information that we collect, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Personal and payment information are always secured. Our Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software is the industry standard and encrypts all personal information including credit card number, name, address so that it can not be read over the internet.